searching for sleep

I truly believe that what matters in the end of this life is not how right or wrong you were. We are not measured by the amount of good we've done. Nor bad. No, what matters is how we treat others. How we wrap our arms around the dead and dying. How we lift loads and wipe brows and refuse to hurt each other.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Frustration

I recently watched "The Pianist" a movie I had wanted to see many times before, but never made the time. Let me just say it was totally depressing. I cried almost the entire movie. Yet at the same time I loved it. What is wrong with me? It made me feel so many things. First, being a mother now I watched this movie through different eyes. I have watched many movies on the holocaust and been brought to tears, but not like this. The thought of my baby going through that...I cannot even bear the thought. I was then brought to anger. Anger that something like that could happen. The man that the movie was based on died in 2000. That fact reminded me that this awful act of hate was not that long ago. I have no idea how you go through something like that and survive. Yes, you survive physically, but emotionally how can you? I then thought, how could we allow something like that to happen and I quickly reminded myself that it is happening today in Africa, and what do we do? Nothing! It makes me so angry at myself. I know what is going on and do nothing, what can I do? I feel so helpless so small. Excuses! There are people dying all around and I sit here in my comfortable chair watching a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home