searching for sleep

I truly believe that what matters in the end of this life is not how right or wrong you were. We are not measured by the amount of good we've done. Nor bad. No, what matters is how we treat others. How we wrap our arms around the dead and dying. How we lift loads and wipe brows and refuse to hurt each other.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

One year

This has been one crazy year full of change. My husband is no longer playing music full time but is doing the 9-5 routine. We are trying to live more in community which has challenged us on many levels. We now worship on Saturday evenings at the gathering. We are being stretched and trying to seek what it truly means to follow Christ, still stumbling along.
My son has turned one. You hear so often, "it goes by so quickly". I am now uttering those words. It seems like yesterday, well maybe not yesterday, but not long ago, that we were bringing him home. He has been such a joy in our lives. He puts things into perspective for me; what is important and what is not. He shows me how selfish I can be, and doesn't allow for it. He makes me laugh at the silliest things. He has brought my husband and I closer. He has his daddys warm face and my loud personality. We hope to show him many things and learn more from him.

1 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

so cute.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home